This is where I roll: Home | The Mom Blogs | Mom Blog Network |

Snickollet

I currently have the song from the musical "Wicked" called "Popular" going through my head. I have such a high threshold for liking people (i.e. i tend to shy away from most).. that it takes someone special for me to be me. I work on it in therapy every week.. how to get rid of the "happy jen facade".. it's annoying. Anyway.. I can count the friends (and family) that I feel like i'm myself around on my hands with a few toes thrown in if i'm going to add family to the list. The Snick-ster (see Title) is one of THE most popular people on the internet that I've ever known. We met in real life.. which is odd.. normally I meet people online and THEN become friends in the real world.. go figure! It just so happened that I linked up, quite accidentally, with a wicked cool mom of two of ben's friends... and when she links to my blog from her blog.. magic happens!

My count jumped for 4-9 site visits a day from mostly those family and friends that I have fingers and toes for.. to over a friggin thousand! CRAZY! I love it.. it's like that country song by Brad Paisley.. I'll have to see if I can find the video on youtube...

Thanks Snickollet.. for putting me in the spotlight for a day and a half.. for being a wicked cool friend.. and for putting up with me calling you popular every time i see you.. btw.. your kids were a riot this morning when I dropped ben off.. too cute!

5 Comments:

  1. Snickollet said...
    Ha! You're making me blush!

    BTW, if you had known me in high school, the word "popular" would most definitely NOT have been one of the first used to describe me.

    In any case, thanks for being a great friend, fellow Idol lover, and together enough to take pictures of my kiddos at a time when I can't seem to remember to take my camera ANYWHERE.
    Snickollet said...
    PS: I think about 500 of those visits have been MY MOM, who loves those photos of the twins. Would you be able to e-mail me the high(er) res versions to forward on to her?

    -snick
    moo said...
    It's funny the way networking works on the internet. I found you through her and added you to my reader ... hope you don't mind!
    What A Card said...
    Holy guacamole! I just checked my stats, and when snick linked in my blog, it only jumped by about 10 readers above my normal 40 or so a day! I guess the draw of pictures is far greater than the draw of a nutty SYTYCD fan :)

    PS~~You two encouraged me to brave the "Paint Your Own Pottery" scene. Barb and I took our kids yesterday and made flower pots for the grandmas for Mother's Day. Fun!
    Anonymous said...
    That happened to me too!
    Yep, Snick rocks!
    I'll sing 'Popular' w/ya.
    Pop-u-ler....lar.
    La...la...la la...

Post a Comment