This is where I roll: Home | The Mom Blogs | Mom Blog Network |

Facebook.

It is the "These are the days of your life" website. What is the draw? Why do I feel like I'm missing out on something if I don't check it daily? What is the point?

So many questions.

Ok.. so here are a few for you.

1. Have you set up a Facebook profile? (and if so -- are you my friend yet?)
2. How many "friends" do you have?
3. Of those "friends".. how many do you actually know IRL (that means "in real life", mom)
4. Would you let your child create a Facebook profile?
5. How old would said child need to be before creating such a profile?
6. Do you have an opinion about Scrabulous? (do you know what that is?)
7. What are some of the groups that you participate in?

Ok.. so my answers...

Yes, I have a profile. My younger sister, Amy, talked me into it quite a while back. When I created it.. the only people I could find online were her and a few cousins that are in their early 20's... oh.. and my Uncle Bob. That guy is hip, I tell ya!

I currently have 71 friends.. all of which are people that I have at least met in real life.. There is only one person on there that can honestly say that she doesn't really KNOW me.. I just stalk her because I love her music. There are people that I've added that are family members (including Bob).. my wife is on there.. my sister.. 3.. count them, one. two. three. of my ex's. Several people that I went to high school with, including the captain of the football team who is now a southern baptist preacher with two adorable little girls.

Ben won't be allowed to go on the internet until he's 32. I have a feeling that Facebook profiles will be like totally old school by the time he's in Kindergarten and they are getting class update by txt message. My niece's swim coach had great plans of keeping the class up to date on things through Facebook. That would require my sister allowing her 14 year old, freshman in high school, to create a profile. Yeah.. not. Actually.. I'm not sure how that worked out.. beck..?

I am still quite irritated by the Scrabulous incident.

Some of the groups that I belong to include:

"I don't care how comfortable Crocs are, you look like a dumbass"
"I secretly want to punch slow walking people in the back of the head"
"When I was your age, Pluto was a planet"
"The League - an internet series" (check this one out.. Jimbo is a college friend)
"Unlike 99.99% of the Facebook population, I was born in the 70s"
"Why yes, I do frequently burst out in song"
"University of Hartford Alumni Association" (i know.. how boring)
"But you don't look sick"
"I use my cell phone to see in the dark"

and of course...

"I have more foreign policy experience than Sarah Palin"

2 Comments:

  1. Anonymous said...
    ha ha ha- you are so funny with this. NO I didNOT let her create a facebook profile. Something I think I can get away with for another month or so (at this rate). And no I did not send a friend request to her swim coach...I can see it now....my MOM is a FRIEND of my coaches on FACEBOOK. How (insert said teenager rolling her eyes- which you can barely see through her pin straight bangs that hang to her nose which she spent 4 hours BEFORE school straightening (yes the bus comes at 7AM)) wait- what was I saying??? Oh YEAH- HOW UNCOOL IS MY MOOOOOOOOOOOOMMMMMMMMMmmmmmm. (roll eyes again- wait did i get a text??? and that was her not me....)

    This being the same child that used to stand at the door at 6am crying as I was leaving to go to work b/c I had almost escaped without waking her or so I thought.....ahhh what 10 years will do....now I am the one standing at the door crying as SHE leaves....lol circle of life.

    I forgot what you asked now....
    Snickollet said...
    I'm on Facebook. I have 249 friends; many of them are people I don't know IRL but who read my blog.

    And yes, we are friends already, of course :).

    As for when the twins can have profiles . . . uh . . . not anytime soon! But I think I would let them have profiles as freshmen in high school

Post a Comment