This is where I roll: Home | The Mom Blogs | Mom Blog Network |

Crazy

I remember when, I remember, I remember when I lost my mind
There was something so pleasant about that place.
Even your emotions had an echo
In so much space

And when you're out there
Without care,
Yeah, I was out of touch
But it wasn't because I didn't know enough
I just knew too much

Does that make me crazy?


About 15 minutes ago I got a "friend" request from a girl who I met when I was hospitalized at McLean Hospital back in March of 2007. I was hospitalized after tripping over a rock (i.e. Post Partum Depression). There is a movie with Wynonna Ryder and Angelina Jolie called Girl Interupted -- it was based on a book that was written about one woman's experience at McLean. I still really can't watch that movie.. even though it isn't even remotely like my experience there (i was an outpatient.. i did my real "time" over at Beth Israel Deaconess Hospital, where I was locked up prior to my stay at McLean.. but that's another story.) Anyway.. when I met S.. I had just learned that the movie, Girl Interupted, was based on a McLean thing. She immediately reminded me of Angelina Jolie's character. I was fascinated and interested in this person.. someone who was a LOT younger than me but who I think has had more "life experience" than I have.. for whatever that's worth. We hung out a bit while I was there.. passed notes during group therapy.. classic stuff. I felt like I was hanging out with "the cool kids". Wait.. I was in a mental hospital. It doesn't jive. Regardless.. she made an impression and I have wished the best for her and have often been curious about where she wound up.. how she was doing.. whether life had started moving in a safer direction for her. Facebook is a crazy thing.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment