This is where I roll: Home | The Mom Blogs | Mom Blog Network |

Here is an update from my sister, Becky.

#########################################################################


SO-LET’S RECAP THE MOUSE SITUATION. I HAVE HAD A GLARINGLY OBVIOUS MOUSE PROBLEM SINCE OCTOBER 1ST. I CHOSE TO IGNORE IT FOR A WHILE HOPING (praying) THE PROBLEM WOULD SOLVE ITSELF. WELL WE ALL KNOW THAT NEVER EVER EVER HAPPENS. SO I TRIED TO BE HUMANE-AND GET SOME CHIPMUNK STUPID RAT TRAP THAT MY SON COULD DANCE ON AND IT STILL WOULDN’T TRIP. OK, OK- I SAVED THE RECEIPT. I LEFT IT OUTSIDE IN THE RAIN SO I HAVE TO WAIT FOR IT (THE TRAP) TO DRY AND HOPE TO GOD IT DIDN’T RUST-SO I CAN GET MY 20 BUCKS BACK.


I digress….


OH YEAH-SO THEN MY (other) SISTER BUYS SOME TRAPS- THESE STUPID MICE ARE LAUGHING I KNOW THEY ARE. BECAUSE THAT TRAP SAT FOR A WEEK AND NOTHING. MY SON WAS PLAYING WITH THE OTHER TRAPS SHE BOUGHT-SEEING HOW FAR HE COULD LAUNCH A PEN ACROSS THE ROOM (it was pretty impressive actually-it did fly all the across the room). SO I HAVE NOW OFFICIALLY HAD IT. THESE RODENTS ARE GOING TO DESTROY MY HOUSE. I GO BUY THE GLUE TRAPS. EACH PACK CONTAINS 4 TRAPS. I BOUGHT TWO TRAPS. I GOTTA SEND THESE GUYS AND THEIR PEEPS A MESSAGE MAN. GO TO SOMEONE ELSE’S HOUSE- BEAT IT!!


So- ok- because my teeth are ground to dust right now- and I really am trying to take a breath and not blow a blood vessel….I put them up yesterday. Ok, Ok…for those of you keeping track- it’s been more than a month and a half of the known mouse issue.


So let’s fast forward to tonight. I’ve just been Christmas shopping. It’s 9pm- I’m tired- I am 12/16ths of the way through the final book of the twilight series (coincidentally I began reading on October 1). I was hoping to keep my eyes open long enough to read a chapter since I have been passing out early each night lately.


So I walk through the door- the cat (my fearless hunter) is meowing- crap I forgot dry food. SORRY ZEKIE. He looks a bit odd- but I figured he was pissed about the food. Meow Meow Meow.


For those faint at heart- please stop reading.


I get changed- cozy in my jams- come out and see something strange that immediately catches my attention on the floor.


I think my heart actually might have stopped as I processed what I saw. I didn’t fully understand of course. Because I had to call Jen Alt for that to happen.


On the floor….upSIDE down was a glue trap.


Now, please understand. I did not put these in my kitchen cabinets (where I previously kept the other traps). I put these in the basement- up along the studs that run along the ceiling.


AND HERE IT WAS UPSIDE DOWN ON MY KITCHEN FLOOR- WITH A VERY GUILTY LOOKING CAT.


So I am on the phone with Jen processing why it could be there (a) and how it fell so that the cat could get it (b) and how the HELL he didn’t have any of it on him (c).


When she says- well there can’t be one on there- it would be partially lifted off the floor- it wouldn’t be flat.


Good point……


So carefully….i reach over…


And lift it


Actually you can’t really even call it lifting it- I TIPPED it so that I could see under it.























AND THERE WAS AN ARM ON IT. A MOUSE ARM. IT WORKED IT CAUGHT A GD MOUSE BUT THE GD CAT ATE THE GD MOUSE OFF OF THE GD GLUE TRAP.



ARE.

YOU.

KIDDING.

ME.




Honestly zeke- did you have to???? So he finished his WET cat food- licking his chops and I kicked him outside.


I SUPPOSE it could have been worse……(it could have been on my bed).




AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG

6 Comments:

  1. Anonymous said...
    I'm glad that B has her options open so if that underwriting thingy falls to the wayside, she has the ability to start her own exterminating/pest control business. (Should the mice be dancing around the bear sized trap celebrating the free cheese? Maybe next time some wine should be put out with the cheese?!)

    ZING

    And a cat that catches a mouse that's in a trap already.......wow how useful! LOL. Let's go shoot fish in a barrel.
    Anonymous said...
    Oh wait.....my mistake........B WOULD BE WORKING FOR Jen A's pest control business.

    I can see B now in her exterminating outfit.....with her Nextel phone....beep Jen A as she inches towards the trap.....beep "What do I do now?" beep
    Jen said...
    I'm dying here.. *laff*

    I can totally see it. Beck in a biohazard suit complete with the "whooo--paaahhhhh" air filter and curse jar backpack.

    They need a logo..
    Anonymous said...
    i can't breath!!! way to go zeke!! snowball walked off with a trap--mouse in the trap--but dan stop her and got rid of it himself--poor snowball--no snack!! lucky zeke!! hey beck-- put another trap up there's probably more!! lol
    i want to see beck in her biohazard suit ,too!!!
    Anonymous said...
    curse jar backpack......I think I just hurt myself laughing.

    More like a suction hose to the armored truck to hold all the curse $$$$ (one way to save for a college fund!)
    Anonymous said...
    laugh it up...

Post a Comment